- The right membership for you
- Benefits and rewards
- How to join
- Membership forms
- Renew your membership
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
- Advance your membership
- Member testimonials
- Subscriber package
- Career opportunities
- Members witnessing statutory declarations
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Contact us
Benefits and rewards
|Boost your career with the recognition it deserves. Accredited postnominals are awarded for each membership level: GIA(Cert), AGIA or FGIA.
- Members who complete the Graduate Diploma of Corporate Governance are granted use of the internationally recognised postnominal ACIS or FCIS and the designation 'Chartered Secretary'.
- Members who complete either the Graduate Diploma of Applied Risk Management and Corporate Governance or the Graduate Certificate of Applied Risk Management are entitled to use Governance Institute's new 'Risk and Governance Professional' designation.
|Expand your professional network at the Governance Institute’s networking events each year. You will also gain access to the Institute’s Linkedin member-only group and career opportunities.
|Tap into international best-practice resources and enjoy a portable career, should you decide to work overseas. Your membership will also be recognised internationally thanks to our affiliation with the Corporate Secretaries International Association and the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
|Your membership gives you unlimited access to a wealth of information to ensure your skills are always market leading. This includes:
- a copy of the Governance Institute's respected monthly journal Governance Directions
- significant discounts on development courses and conferences, including annual Corporate Governance Forums and Governance Institute's National Conference
- the latest in best practice governance and risk management inside the member-only section of the website
- free access to technical booklets such as Effective AGMs, now also available on Governance Institute app
- free access to Useful Practitioner Documents — examples of documents that are commonly used across the industry
- a free annual copy of the Australian Board Remuneration Survey Report.
|A potential opportunity to progress your career with suitable governance, risk and compliance positions. As a member you will get access to jobs that may not be publicly advertised through traditional sites and also get put through as a preferred candidate based on qualification and membership. See the latest governance and risk related job opportunities in the Career Opportunities section.|
Member Rewards program
|These affinity partners provide Governance Institute members some exciting discounts to their excellent products and services.|
Member discounts available on events
Membership provides you with the opportunity to network with other people who are doing similar things. There is always something that is not always obvious so it is good to discuss issues. Susan Minto AGIA, Huntley Investment Company Limited
Keep your personal information up-to-date
Help us keep you informed of the latest news for your profession
Governance Institute is the voice of members
An independent leader in governance and risk management