- The right membership for you
- Benefits and rewards
- How to join
- Membership forms
- Renew your membership
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
- Advance your membership
- Member testimonials
- Subscriber package
- Career opportunities
- Members witnessing statutory declarations
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Contact us
Governance Institute of Australia is the leading association for company secretaries, governance professionals, directors and risk managers. Our membership is open to professionals with experience in the field of governance or risk management and relevant tertiary or undergraduate qualifications. Being a member is the ideal way to advance your career, expand your network and build on your skills.
There are three types of membership:
- Certificated — for professionals in the entry stages of their career in governance and risk management.
- Associate — for professionals with at least six years’ experience, or relevant academic experience.
- Fellow — for top-tier professionals with at least eight years’ experience, or relevant academic experience.
Why should you become a member?
- Give your career a stamp of credibility with nationally recognised postnominals
- Unlock a wealth of resources
- Develop your governance and risk management skills with the leading experts
- Expand your professional network
- Access exclusive member-only career opportunities across Australia
- Take advantage of exclusive member discounts and rewards
If you become a member with us through our Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance, you will also receive automatic membership to the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators where you will gain internationally recognised postnominals (ACIS/FCIS) and the esteemed title of Chartered Secretary.
How to join us
There are three ways to join:
Member discounts available on events
Membership provides you with the opportunity to network with other people who are doing similar things. There is always something that is not always obvious so it is good to discuss issues. Susan Minto AGIA, Huntley Investment Company Limited
Keep your personal information up-to-date
Help us keep you informed of the latest news for your profession
Governance Institute is the voice of members
An independent leader in governance and risk management