Expert line up for Governance Institute’s virtual National Conference announced
With speakers ranging from a 19-year-old Australian scientist, futurists and data experts - to top company directors, CEOs, company secretaries and economists - Governance Institute of Australia is pleased to formally launch the full program of expert speakers for its two-day National Conference.
The annual event, to be held on 7 and 8 December, will operate in a virtual format this year, with more than 55 governance and risk management leaders set to beam in from Australia and around the world.
National Conference speaker highlights include:
- Young leaders: 19-year-old scientist and inventor Macinley Butson and Star Gold Coast Chief Operating Officer Jessica Mellor (AFR BOSS Young Leader 2020).
- Economists: Saul Eslake (Tasmania) and Gail D Fosler (USA).
- Chairs: Wesfarmers’ Michael Chaney AO; National Foundation for Australia China Relations Pru Bennett.
- CEOs: OzHarvest’s Ronni Kahn AO; Aurecon’s Bill Cox; Mirvac’s Susan Lloyd-Hurwitz; The Star Entertainment Group’s Matt Bekier; Outland Denim’s James Bartle.
- Non-executive Directors: AMP Capital Funds Management’s Ming Long AM; Macquarie Groups’ Jillian Broadbent AC; Citigroup, Ausgrid and Brisbane Airport Corporation’s Belinda Gibson FGIA; AGL and HBF Health’s Diane Smith-Gander AO FGIA.
- International speakers: Blackrock’s Michelle Edkins (USA); Professor Ngaire Woods CBE (UK); and Novartis AG’s Dr Klaus Moosmayer (Switzerland).
- Company secretaries: ANZ’s Simon Pordage FGIA and Transurban’s Fiona Last.
- Scientific futurist, author and drone expert Dr Catherine Ball.
- Australian Human Rights Commissioner Edward Santow.
- Australian Federal Police’s Head of Data Science and Information Management Chui Yong.
Media passes to Governance Institute’s virtual National Conference
To organise a media pass to attend Governance Institute’s virtual National Conference, either for a session or the entire two-day event, please contact Senior Communications Specialist Hannah Edwards at email@example.com or 0403 024 149.
About Governance Institute of Australia
A national membership association, advocating for a community of 40,000 governance and risk management professionals from the listed, unlisted and not-for profit sectors.
Our mission is to drive better governance in all organisations, which will in turn create a stronger, better society.