Governance Institute National Conference 2019 is officially live!
Governance Institute National Conference is coming to Sydney on 2 and 3 September
This is the 36th year of our National Conference. Like every year, we aim to make this flagship event bigger and better — with rich content, thought provoking discussions and dynamic networking.
We listened to your feedback and moved our National Conference to September. And we are bringing it to Sydney for 2019.
This year, you will hear from eminent international and Australian business leaders including:
- Sir Winfried Bischoff, Chairman, J P Morgan Securities plc & Financial Reporting Council (UK)
- Madelyn Antoncic, Chief Executive Officer, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (USA)
- Peter Achterstraat AM, FGIA Productivity Commissioner, NSW
Let’s get human
We have built the theme around People with the key words Respect. Trust. Challenge. We explore the idea that organisations and therefore boards and management are social systems.
- Where good culture, ethical conduct, effective leadership and collaboration, drive trust.
- Where nous, business intelligence and strong governance, courage and candour, generate respect.
- Where a culture of open dissent enables new thinking, cognitive diversity, independence, challenge and innovation, to create long-term value.
Recent corporate failures had their roots in how good governance practice had drifted away from the people who drive organisations — affecting customers, employees, shareholders and the broad universe of stakeholders. This is a timely opportunity for you to hear from international and national thought leaders on rebuilding trust and good governance through sound human-centred culture, insightful leadership and immersive strategy.
Our concurrent sessions connect the big ideas from the plenaries to the practical steps to deliver ethical leadership, individual and collective performance, intelligent risk management and mutual accountability. Pick the streams that best suit your role and interest (you can mix and match). Choose from Leadership, Governance and the Risk Universe.
Your chance to network like a boss
As well as world class speakers, you will also be in the company of delegates from all walks of life — from leading directors and executives to specialist governance and risk professionals — across the listed, private, NFP and public sector space.
We will also have exciting networking sessions for you to put your networking skills into practice.
See you there
Registrations are now open! Visit the National Conference website to view the program and speaker line-up. Share your thoughts on LinkedIn and Twitter using #GovCon19