Become a Member
A national membership association, advocating for a community of 40,000 governance and risk management professionals from the listed, unlisted and not-for profit sectors.
As the only Australian provider of chartered governance accreditation, we offer a range of short courses, certificates and postgraduate study.
Our mission is to drive better governance in all organisations, which will in turn create a stronger, better society.
Why become a member?
- progress in your career and re-position for your next step
- become the go-to expert in your organisation
- impress your board and management team
- upskill and stay ahead of the competition
- be better connected with our 40,000+ strong professional network.
We offer three levels of membership to suit every kind of governance and risk professional — from CEOs to Directors and Risk Managers to Company Secretaries.
- Affiliate — for aspiring governance or risk practitioners looking to expand their knowledge. Postnominals gained — GIA(Affiliate)
- Associate — for professionals with at least six years’ experience or relevant academic experience. Postnominals gained — AGIA (Associate of Governance Institute of Australia)
- Fellow — for top-tier professionals with at least eight years’ experience or relevant academic experience. Postnominals gained — FGIA (Fellow of Governance Institute of Australia)
If you become a member by completing the Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance and Risk Management, you will also be granted membership with The Chartered Governance Institute (CGI) formally known as the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA).
This will give you the internationally recognised postnominals of either ACG or FCG and the 'Chartered Secretary' designation.
There are three ways to join:
- By completing one of our postgraduate education courses
- By completing a Governance Institute Certificate
- By meeting the criteria for our Professional Entry Scheme (PES).