Governance and Risk Management
Tuesday 8 February 2022
1:00pm to 4:30pm
Virtual course via Zoom
Cost (Inc GST)
Explores how governance and risk management are essential to an organisation’s improved corporate performance. This course offers an overview of the role of the board in governance and risk management; it examines current issues and explores best practice in strategic risk management.
The key objectives are to:
- define governance and its corporate contexts and frameworks
- identify current issues in governance and risk management
- examine the role of the Board and where risk management sits in that role
- examine the traits and practices of a ˆrisk-aware’ director
Who should attend this event?
- Directors (non-executive and executive)
- Managers who report to the board
- Risk managers or managers with risk responsibilities
- Consultants (risk, audit or management)
- Finance staff
- And other parties who may be interested or involved in a company, such as company secretaries, legal counsel, analysts, communication consultants and regulators.
Attendance and completion of this course is cross recognisable with the Legal Practice Board of WA CPD hours in Risk management - 5.0 hrs.
How the course will be delivered
This half-day course delivered virtually via zoom is facilitated by an experienced trainer with practical governance/risk management experience. You will learn from the facilitator, from your peers and by examining case studies which will support your post-course application of knowledge in the workplace.
Members of Governance Institute receive a discount of up to $120 per subject — find out if you are eligible.