Effective Director Course – Module 2: Director dynamics
Wednesday, 27 October 2021 to Wednesday, 27 October 2021
9:00am to 6:30pm
Cost (Inc GST)
Effective director conduct requires the development of softer skills to make you aware of the types of behaviour you may experience and will need as a director. Self-awareness of your behaviour and communication styles and the impact of these on your director effectiveness is key.
This module includes a board room dinner from 5.00pm to 6.30pm.
- Discuss board and director effectiveness an how these elements are assessed.
- Apply concepts such as communication progression and the Ladder of Inference to the role of the effective director.
- Recognise the different styles of communication and how these can be used effectively.
- Examine how acquiring information, active listening, asking the right questions, persuasion, influence and negotiation skills can be used to achieve the strategic vision and objectives of an organisation.
- Board and director effectiveness
- How directors communicate
- Acquiring information by listening
- Asking the right questions
- Persuasion, influence and negotiation
- Director effectiveness
We recommend you also attend module 3, the simulated board meeting, which is a companion module.
Join and save
Members of Governance Institute receive a discount of up to $130 for the full day module — find out if you are eligible.