Effective Director Course
Tuesday, 21 May 2019 to Thursday, 23 May 2019
9:00am to 4:45pm
Governance Institute of Australia
5 Hunter Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Cost (Inc GST)
Exploring the role of the company director and the board’s vital contribution towards organisational culture and sustainable governance, this course draws on theory, practice, and the collective knowledge of the participants to simulate the boardroom experience.
- What issues and challenges are faced by a director on a board?
- How can you best prepare for and understand directorship in the current landscape, with the lens firmly on director capability?
Is this course right for you?
This course is for:
- aspiring or newly appointed directors
- executives seeking director transition pathways
- directors wanting to refine their skills
- those needing to better understand the role and responsibilities of a director.
Dates of course modules:
- Module 1: High Performing Boards — 21 May, 9am to 5pm
- Module 2: Director dynamics — 22 May, 9am to 4:30pm, plus board dinner — 5pm to 6:30pm
- Module 3:Board meeting simulation — 23 May, 9am to 12pm
- Module 4: Acquiring a non-executive director role — 23 May, 12:45pm to 4:45pm
Join and save
Members of Governance Institute receive a discount of up to $400 — find out if you are eligible.