Effective Director Course
Tuesday, 21 May 2019 to Thursday, 23 May 2019
9:00am to 4:45pm
Governance Institute of Australia
5 Hunter Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Cost (Inc GST)
Exploring the role of the company director and the board’s vital contribution towards organisational culture and sustainable governance, this course draws on theory, practice, and the collective knowledge of the participants to simulate the boardroom experience.
- What issues and challenges are faced by a director on a board?
- How can you best prepare for and understand directorship in the current landscape, with the lens firmly on director capability?
Is this course right for you?
This course is for:
- aspiring or newly appointed directors
- executives seeking director transition pathways
- directors wanting to refine their skills
- those needing to better understand the role and responsibilities of a director.
Dates of course modules:
- Module 1: High Performing Boards — 21 May, 9am to 5pm
- Module 2: Director dynamics — 22 May, 9am to 4:30pm, plus board dinner — 5pm to 6:30pm
- Module 3:Board meeting simulation — 23 May, 9am to 12pm
- Module 4: Acquiring a non-executive director role — 23 May, 12:45pm to 4:45pm
Richard Willcock FGIA, Corporate Governance Practitioner
Over the past 20 years, Richard has held senior governance, legal and risk roles in the banking and financial services sector and with the Commonwealth Government. During this period he has also been a board member of both operating and subsidiary entities and a trustee of a not for profit foundation.
Richard has first hand experience with many of the issues which confront directors, CEOs and other executives as they come to grips with their stakeholders’ governance expectations.
Richard consults in governance, strategy, business design and operations and commercial law and is an occasional author and presenter in applied governance. He has successfully built and lead highly effective teams in complex business environments.
David Schwarz, Founder & CEO, Board Direction
With over 15 years of board recruitment experience, David has appointed hundreds of non-executive directors and advised thousands on how to develop a board career or gain a board directorship. He will take you through the steps you need to consider in order to create that opportunity for your first (or additional) board appointment.
David will provide an overview of the current board recruitment environment, what skills get you recognised and how to stand out and secure that appointment. Please find a link to David’s LinkedIn profile.
Join and save
Members of Governance Institute receive a discount of up to $400 — find out if you are eligible.