Frequently Asked Questions
Please see below our FAQ for listing paid and voluntary positions with Governance Institute.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does the service include?
- A listing on the career opportunities section of our website
- Inclusion on our careers update email (approximately 5,000 subscribed)
- Subject to timing, a link to the career opportunities section on our monthly e-newsletter (approximately 43,000 subscribed)
- Promotion on our social media channels (27,000 LinkedIn followers)
What are the benefits of using the service?
By using Governance Institute’s career opportunities advertising service, your role is emailed directly to a database of subscribed governance and risk management professionals.
As this database is made up of Governance Institute Members and Subscribers you can ensure your potential candidates have:
- an in-depth understanding of how to meet compliance and regulatory requirements and an understanding of key governance and risk management guidelines
- the expertise to be a highly regarded adviser to management and the board, or a valuable member of the board
- the ability to act as a proactive member of the senior management team
- met the standards of education and conduct of the recognised leaders in governance and risk management — Governance Institute of Australia.
Do I need to be a member of Governance Institute to use the service?
No, the service is open to any body seeking to fill a professional governance and/or risk management position.
What is the cost of the service?
The cost of the service is $550 (plus GST).
If you are a not-for-profit organisation advertising a voluntary role, we offer a free listing on our volunteer opportunities page. There is no discount for not-for-profit organisations advertising paid roles.
How long does it take before my role is listed?
From the moment we receive your listing application, we will strive to process your payment and have your role listed within two working days.
When does the Careers Opportunities email go out?
The careers email goes out on Fridays (depending on when new roles come in).
When does the News Update email go out?
The News Update is sent out monthly, approximately every second Wednesday of the month.
What is the maximum amount of time a role can be listed?
A closing date must be specified for all listings. If no closing date is provided, a default closing date of 30 days from listing will be applied. Your listing will remain live until the closing date specified.
What kind of roles can I advertise using this service?
There are no limitations on what type of role can be advertised, as long as you would benefit from an experienced governance and/or risk professional filling your vacancy. Some common examples of roles advertised with us are:
- Company secretaries/ assistant company secretaries
- Board members/ directors
- Non-executive directors
- Risk and compliance officers
- Legal consultants/ advisers
- Corporate governance managers
- Operational risk managers