International Governance Leadership Conference to highlight organisational culture and the future of governance
Leadership and organisational culture will be under the microscope at Governance Institute’s International Governance Leadership Conference at Sydney’s Hilton Hotel, 28-29 August 2023.
Now in its 40th year, the Governance Institute of Australia’s flagship event will showcase diverse perspectives from industry leaders on key governance and risk management issues including climate change and sustainability, corporate culture, geo-politics, sports governance, data security and AI innovation and resilience.
Chair of the Governance Institute, Pauline Vamos said, ‘Given current economic, political and social uncertainty, the conference will be an unmissable event for all governance professionals and leaders.’
‘As leaders steer their organisations to become future-ready, there is one factor that underpins governance, operations, opportunity and risk — and that is culture.’
‘This conference is a chance to hear the observations of notable thought leaders, to understand how they respond to risk and use cultural leavers to strengthen their organisations,’ Ms. Vamos said.
National Australia Bank Chair, Phil Chronican, will focus on the role of financial institutions in realising Australia’s economic potential on the path to net-zero, and how the transition will impact competitive advantage and economic growth.
Professor Julian Birkinshaw, Vice-Dean & Academic Director, Institute of Entrepreneurship and Private Capital, London Business School, will offer an international perspective about cases of corporate fraud and executive misconduct.
Capt. Jim Wetherbee, US Navy (Retired), former astronaut and Commander of space missions, who will provide an insightful view into the difference between managing and controlling risk in dangerous environments.
Other speakers include:
- Peter Tesch, Former Ambassador to Germany and the Russian Federation
- Beau Busch, Co-CEO, Professional Footballers Australia
- Genevieve Overell AM FAICD FIPAA (Vic) HonRAIA, Chair, G20 Global Infrastructure Hub Audit Compliance & Risk Committee, State Revenue Office Victoria Audit Committee and Victorian Opera
- Toby Walsh, Chief Scientist, UNSW AI Institute
- Maria MacNamara, Director of Government Affairs and Innovation Strategy, Kyndryl, Chair, AUKUS Information Sharing Committee
- Eileen Doyle, Non-executive Director, NEXTDC Technology, Santos and Air Services Australia
- Gordon De Breuwer, Commissioner, Australian Public Service
For more information on the International Governance Leadership Conference, download the full program from the Governance Institute’s website.
If you would like to register to attend the event either in person or virtually, please contact email@example.com or call 0477 949 604.
– ENDS –
Who we are
Governance Institute of Australia is a national membership association, advocating for our network of 43,000 governance and risk management professionals. Our mission is to drive better governance in all organisations, to create a stronger, better society.
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 8227 5916