Improving engagement between ASX-listed companies and their institutional investors: Principles and Guidelines
Engagement is the means whereby companies and investors discuss issues of importance to each of them. It is not an end in itself.
Governance Institute and Sandy Easterbrook released for public consultation the exposure draft of Guidelines: Improving engagement between ASX-listed entities and their institutional investors. The purpose of the Guidelines was to promote better explanation and disclosure by each side — and corresponding understanding by the other side — of basic information that enables effective engagement
The Principles and Guidelines are designed to be used by companies and their long-term institutional investors as a tool for making their engagement with each other more effective.
A Background Paper was also released, which further explained the context.
Submissions closed on 24 April 2014. Those submissions which were not deemed confidential are listed below:
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Securities & Investments Commission
- Australian Shareholders’ Association
- Computershare Ltd
- International Corporate Governance Network
- Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS)
- Responsible Investment Association Australasia.