Good Governance Guides
As a service to our members and the wider community, Governance Institute of Australia has prepared governance guidance for listed companies, non-listed companies, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations.
In all instances, your organisation should be complying with the applicable legislation; however, there are sometimes grey areas not specifically covered by legislation, and practices in these areas can vary from minimal to best practice.
It is important to remember our Good Governance Guides are only a guide and not a substitute for seeking professional advice (including legal advice). Many of these Guides provide assistance on how you can develop the key policies and processes required under the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations.
- Good Governance Guide — Governance issues to consider when dealing with flexible working arrangements *New*
- Good Governance Guide — Compliance A practical guide to categorising risk *New*
- Good Governance Guide — Appointment of a director
- Good Governance Guide — Integrated organisational planning
- Good Governance Guide — Developing a risk register
- Good Governance Guide NFP — Issues to consider when developing a policy for managing related party transactions in NFP organisations