Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information for members and customers
Updated 20 October 2020
The health and wellbeing of our members, event and course attendees, and employees is a key priority for the Governance Institute of Australia.
Accordingly, we are closely monitoring the evolving situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19).
We understand that our members may be concerned by the global developments, particularly in relation to their face-to-face attendance at events and courses and we will continue to draw directly on the official advice and information provided by the World Health Organisation and by both Federal and State government authorities.
All of our postgraduate students are currently undertaking fully online (distance) study. This online delivery will continue for semester two.
Return of some of our face-to-face short courses
While all of our short courses and certificates continue to be offered online, we are very pleased to again be able to offer face-to-face delivery for some of our short courses.
There are now three course delivery options for many of our Short Courses and Certificates:
- Online/distance: Complete in your own time.
- Virtual: Via a digital format with a Course Presenter and interactive conversation.
- Face-to-Face: Small groups of 10 and under in a safe social distancing environment.
Staying COVID-19 safe
For the ongoing safety of all students and employees during face-to-face learning we have put in place the following measures:
- Course attendance is limited to 10 people, which includes the course facilitator.
- Training rooms will be set up to ensure that each participant is socially distanced in accordance with official health guidelines.
- There will be sanitising stations set up at entry to Governance Institute premises and everyone will be asked to use these.
- Catering will be provided and carefully managed to ensure no shared platters or utensils.
- If anyone is feeling unwell or has any symptoms of illness, however mild, we ask that you do not attend. Please call our team and we will transfer you to online study.
We are very excited to welcome you back — safely — face-to-face once again!
Please note, we will continue to monitor official advice and update our program of events accordingly.
Governance Institute of Australia National Conference
Planning is well underway for our National Conference in December.
We will keep in touch with further updates about our official National Conference program.
Official information and updates
Please visit the following official web pages:
World Health Organisation (WHO)
Australian Government - Department of Health
State and Territory Health Departments:
Victoria - Department of Health and Human Services
WA Department of Health
Tasmanian Department of Health
Northern Territory Department of Health