Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information for members and customers
Updated 2 November 2021
The health and wellbeing of our members, event and course attendees, and employees is a key priority for Governance Institute of Australia.
Accordingly, we are closely monitoring the situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19).
We understand that our members may be concerned by the global developments, particularly in relation to their face-to-face attendance at events and courses and we will continue to draw directly on the official advice and information provided by the World Health Organisation and by both Federal and State government authorities.
Postgraduate subjects continue to be delivered fully online in semester two, 2021.
Our longer-term strategy of introducing blended learning remains on hold until the situation with COVID-19 becomes clear.
Short Courses and Certificates
There are three course delivery options for many of our Short Courses and Certificates:
- Online/ distance: Complete in your own time.
- Virtual: Via a digital format with a course facilitator and interactive conversation.
- Face-to-Face: Small, socially-distanced groups (as per local guidelines from the relevant State or Territory authority).
Staying COVID-19 safe
For the ongoing safety of all students and employees during face-to-face learning we have put in place the following measures:
- Limiting attendance numbers at short courses to ensure social distancing.
- Training rooms are set up to ensure that each participant is socially distanced.
- QR code check-in, and/or proof of vaccination status may be required depending on advice from your relevant State or Territory authority.
- Masks may be required to be worn in indoor settings, when mandated by local state governments.
- Sanitising stations at entry to Governance Institute premises with everyone asked to use these.
- Catering is carefully managed to ensure no shared platters or utensils.
- If anyone is feeling unwell or has any symptoms of illness, however mild, we ask that you do not attend. Please call our team and we will transfer you to online study.
We continue to monitor official advice and will update our program of events and courses accordingly.
Official information and updates
Please visit the following official web pages:
State and Territory Health Departments: