Expert line-up for Virtual Governance and Risk Management Forum announced
The Governance Institute of Australia has released the full program of expert speakers for its two-day Governance and Risk Management Forum that opens on 11 May.
The regulatory, economic and business response to COVID-19, privacy risks and the emerging issues for governance and risk professionals will be among the key topics put under the microscope.
Speakers include ASIC Commissioner John Price, NSW Treasury Chief Economist Stephen Walters, ASX Chief Compliance Officer Kevin Lewis, Telstra Chief Risk Officer Joanna Knox, Elders CEO Mark Allison, and QBE CEO Patrick Regan.
The full program of sessions and speakers and further information can be accessed here.
Relaunched this year in an entirely online format, key sessions include:
- Economic state of play: COVID-19 has threatened the global and national economic state of play like no other event. This discussion will examine the fiscal and monetary response and look at the unfolding economic recovery.
- Regulators’ panel: Three of Australia’s top regulators speak about the challenges of responding to COVID-19 and will take a look at the road to post-pandemic recovery.
- Release of Governance Institute’s Risk Management Survey: Find out the top issues and risks identified by almost 400 senior managers and risk professionals.
- Chief Risk Officer panel: Top risk specialists discuss how to respond to an evolving crisis; safeguard people, supply chains, distribution and finance; and ensure effective and relevant information flows to board and management.
- Spotlight on ESG: Environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues are in the spotlight like never before. A look at the latest in light of recent climate, bushfire, and pandemic events. Modern slavery compliance will also be examined.
- Cyber security in focus: The latest on transitioning to remote operations and how to protect the integrity of a dispersed network. Plus, how to manage the human element.
– ENDS –
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org