What can women do to fast-track their career to the C-suite?
Much has been said, written and debated about how gender balance can be better achieved in Australia’s C-suites and boardrooms. But what can women personally do to fast-track their own C-suite aspirations and what can organisations do to support them on this journey?
In a determined bid to give talented and ambitious women and indeed the organisations who employ them the tools and insights needed to achieve this outcome, Governance Institute of Australia has assembled an impressive panel of speakers for a lunchtime event in Sydney on 30 October to discuss these very issues.
The chairman of Transfield Services, Diane Smith-Gander, high-profile member of the Male Champions of Change, Kevin McCann, and company secretary at Origin Energy, Helen Hardy, will give attendees:
- practical insights as to how women can position themselves ahead of the pack for board and C-Suite roles
- ideas to chart their way to the board table covering networking, soft skills and tips for juggling the work-life balance
- proven organisational practices to increase the representation of female non-executive directors and executives
- clarity on the current status of gender diversity in Australia, whether it is regressing, stagnating, or improving and how the Male Champions of Change can support diversity
- insights and practical advice for maximising the key drivers that affect change, and
- ideas to influence cultural change in organisations.
As policy director at Governance Institute and panel moderator, Judith Fox, commented, “Organisations must have the key drivers in place, including culture and initiatives to drive change, but women also need to ensure they have the hard and soft skills to do these jobs and the wherewithal to successfully put themselves forward for these roles.
“This is a ‘must-attend’ event for those committed to achieving gender balance in the workplace,” she concluded.
Information about the event can be found at governanceinstitute.com.au/NSWEvents.
For further information contact Viv Hardy on 02 9283 4113 or 0411 208 951, or Su Lin Ho on (02) 92834110 or 0421 616 617, or Judith Fox on (02) 9223 5744 or 0408 667 246.
About Governance Institute of Australia
Governance Institute of Australia is the only independent professional association with a sole focus on whole-of-organisation governance. Our education, support and networking opportunities for directors, company secretaries, governance professionals and risk managers are second to none.