Ready to apply? It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
We want to support you throughout your journey to membership with Governance Institute, from the start of the application process, through to life-long membership.
Whether you're still exploring our membership benefits or are ready to apply now, follow this step-by-step guide to submit your application.
Step 1: Find your member type
We offer three membership levels to suit every kind of governance and risk professional — from CEOs to Directors and Risk Managers to Company Secretaries.
- Affiliated — for aspiring governance or risk practitioners looking to expand their knowledge.
- Associate — for professionals with established experience or relevant academic qualifications.
- Fellow — for top-tier professionals with extensive qualifications or relevant academic experience.
Step 2: Pick a joining method
There are three ways to join:
- By completing one of our postgraduate education courses
- By completing a Governance Institute Certificate
- By meeting the criteria for our Professional Entry Scheme (PES).
Step 3: Complete your application form
- Download the PDF application form.
- Attach a resume or your LinkedIn profile for supporting documentation.
- Email the application form with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Congratulations, you've submitted your application!
What happens next?
We will review and assess your application and contact you with the outcome.
It's as easy as that.
Read our member application notes for guidance on eligible qualifications and experience, or call 1800 251 849 (toll-free) for a quick chat about your membership options.