Don’t miss our short and sharp National Conference featuring the ‘who’s who’ in the profession
In an era of disruption, global uncertainty and fast-paced innovation, boards as well as governance and risk professionals run the risk of becoming irrelevant at a time when they are needed most. Globalisation, competition and digitisation are disrupting the marketplace and boards must adapt to these challenges or risk being left behind. Never before have sound governance and risk practices been more critical.
Determined to assist professionals to successfully navigate this world of disruption, Governance Institute convenes the 34th National Conference at Melbourne’s Grand Hyatt, from 4-5 December 2017. The short, sharp and insightful agenda assembles a ‘who’s who’ of national and international governance experts including:
- Professor Mervyn King, the leader of integrated reporting and one of the world’s leading thinkers on principles based governance
- Kyle Loades, President and Chairman, NRMA ,whose leadership and vision transitioned NRMA into a continuing cycle of innovation
- The Hon Kelly O’Dwyer, Minister for Revenue and Financial Services (video address)
- Mats Isaksson, Head of Corporate Affairs, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) offering a critical insight into the macro trends for governance in Asia
- Robynne Berg, internationally accredited innovation strategy thought leader
- Chris Riddell, Australia’s leading futurist and digital evangelist.
Along with eight broad sessions that examine the megatrends and macro indicators impacting and disrupting business models and governance, the conference offers delegates focused streams to learn about the latest developments in their specific area of expertise. This includes streams for listed companies, SMEs, unlisted companies, not-for-profits, risk management and leadership.
The National Conference offers you a vision of the future and gets you thinking about how to effectively adapt new ways of thinking within your governance systems. Join leading thinkers on governance and your peers to shape and define the way forward through leadership, strategic thinking and healthy risk culture.
This is an unmissable forum for you to frame the strategies, standards and structures you need to future proof your governance, innovate business paradigms and lead your organisation successfully in a disruptive global landscape! I look forward to seeing you at this critical national forum.
The early bird discount ends Friday, 29 September — book now.