- The right membership for you
- Benefits and rewards
- How to join
- Membership forms
- Renew your membership
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
- Advance your membership
- Member testimonials
- Subscriber package
- Career opportunities
- Members witnessing statutory declarations
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Contact us
How to join
Becoming a student subscriber is free to tertiary students.
- You need to have a Governance Institute login. If you don't already have a Governance Institute login, please Sign Up now to create one.
- You need to provide proof of current enrolment in a tertiary education institution. Scan or take a photo of this documentation now.
- Click here to send us your details and attach the proof of current enrolment.
- Governance Institute staff will then assess your enrolment and grant Student Subscriber access to the Governance Institute website.
For more information on Governance Institute’s student subscriber package please contact Governance Institute on 1800 251 849 (toll free) or (02) 9223 5744 or email email@example.com.
Please note: Being a Governance Institute student subscriber is not the same as being a Governance Institute member. Members of Governance Institute have completed a course of study with Governance Institute and met all the qualifying criteria to join. They are then permitted to use the associated postnominals and, in the case of Associate and Fellow membership, the professional designation of Chartered Secretary.
Interested in more detailed information?
Guidance from the leaders in governance
Need to know more as soon as possible?
Look at our short courses on offer around Australia
Ready to further your career?
Corporate governance practices are an important component of market integrity. Company secretaries are at the front line in maintaining Australia's outstanding reputation for capital markets' integrity. Belinda Gibson, former Deputy Chair, Australian Securities & Investments Commission