- The right membership for you
- Benefits and rewards
- How to join
- Membership forms
- Renew your membership
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
- Advance your membership
- Member testimonials
- Subscriber package
- Career opportunities
- Members witnessing statutory declarations
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Contact us
If you want to be kept up to date on governance and risk management issues, becoming a student subscriber is perfect for you.
A 24-month subscription is FREE for tertiary students*, who can provide evidence that they are enrolled in part or full-time education with a tertiary education institution at the time of applying.
*Governance Institute students are not eligible to become student subscribers.
What is governance?
Governance means the method by which an organisation is run or governed, over and above its basic legal obligations. Governance can be argued to have four key components:
- corporate accountability
What would you do as a governance professional?
Governance professionals can have a wide range of position titles, which varies depending on the individual needs of each organisation:
- company secretary
- general counsel
- chief financial officer
- chief governance officer
- chief risk officer.
However, in essence, a governance professional:
- leads and advises on best practice in governance, risk management and compliance
- champions the compliance framework to safeguard organisational integrity
- promotes and acts as a ‘sounding board’ on standards of ethical and corporate behaviour
- balances the interests of the board (or governing body), management and other stakeholders.
What do you get as a student subscriber?
Free subscription for tertiary students
A 24-month subscription is FREE for tertiary students* enrolled in part-time or full-time education. Subscribed tertiary students receive:
- online access to the Governance Institute’s monthly national journal Governance Directions
- the opportunity to network with other students and professionals involved in governance through professional development, training and networking events organised by your state office
- a discounted rate on all subjects of Governance Institute’s Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance and all short courses
- discounts on all Governance Institute professional development and training activities including Governance Institute’s National Conference
- access to selected Governance Institute-discounted member benefits and services.
To become a student subscriber, sign up now.
* Governance Institute students are not eligible to become student subscribers.
Interested in more detailed information?
Guidance from the leaders in governance
Need to know more as soon as possible?
Look at our short courses on offer around Australia
Ready to further your career?
Corporate governance practices are an important component of market integrity. Company secretaries are at the front line in maintaining Australia's outstanding reputation for capital markets' integrity. Belinda Gibson, former Deputy Chair, Australian Securities & Investments Commission