Advertise a role
What is the career opportunities service?
Governance Institute’s national career opportunities service is an advertising service designed to put parties seeking to fill a professional governance and/or risk management position in contact with our members.
What does the service include?
- A listing on the career opportunities section of our website
- Inclusion on our careers update email (approximately 5,000 subscribed)
- Subject to timing, a link to the career opportunities section on our bi-monthly e-newsletter (approximately 41,000 subscribed)
- Promotion on our social media channels
What are the benefits of using the service?
By using Governance Institute’s career opportunities advertising service, your role is emailed directly to a database of subscribed governance and risk management professionals.
As this database is made up of Governance Institute Members and Subscribers you can ensure your potential candidates have:
- an in-depth understanding of how to meet compliance and regulatory requirements and an understanding of key governance and risk management guidelines
- the expertise to be a highly regarded adviser to management and the board, or a valuable member of the board
- the ability to act as a proactive member of the senior management team
- met the standards of education and conduct of the recognised leaders in governance and risk management — Governance Institute of Australia.
Do I need to be a member of Governance Institute to use the service?
No, the service is open to any body seeking to fill a professional governance and/or risk management position.
What is the cost of the service?
The cost of the service is $550 (plus GST).
Is there a discount for not-for-profit organisations?
If you are a not-for-profit organisation advertising a voluntary role, we offer a free listing on our volunteer opportunities page. There is no discount for not-for-profit organisations advertising paid roles.
How do I have my role listed?
If the role is voluntary, simply fill out your company details in the template below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Organisation name (hyperlinked to website), based in city, state, is seeking a volunteer role title to assist with responsibility brief summary. Your commitment will include details e.g. no of board meetings, timing and location of meetings etc. For further information or to apply please contact name, email, phone. Applications close date.
Voluntary role listings should be approximately 100 words.
How long does it take before my role is listed?
From the moment we receive your listing application, we will strive to process your payment and have your role listed within two working days.
When does the careers update email go out?
The careers email goes out either Wednesday or Friday (depending on when new roles come in).
When does the news update email go out?
Every first and third Wednesday of the month.
What is the maximum amount of time a role can be listed?
A closing date must be specified for all listings. If no closing date is provided, a default closing date of 30 days from listing will be applied. Your listing will remain live until the closing date specified.
What kind of roles can I advertise using this service?
There are no limitations on what type of role can be advertised, as long as you would benefit from an experienced governance and/or risk professional filling your vacancy. Some common examples of roles advertised with us are:
- Company secretaries/ assistant company secretaries
- Board members/ directors
- Non-executive directors
- Risk and compliance officers
- Legal consultants/ advisers
- Corporate governance managers
- Operational risk managers
Please note: Governance Institute is not a recruitment agency, nor do we interview candidates. We cannot guarantee applications. We simply facilitate the provision of interested candidates for a position to an employer or recruiter. It is then your responsibility to determine whether to interview and engage any candidate put forward.