QLD Ideas Exchange Breakfast
Corporate Insurances: Cost of a cyber/data breach
Cyber and data breaches are currently a fiercely discussed and covered issue in the news. So, what can you do to make sure you’re prepared against an organisation breach?
Join us for this ideas exchange event that will delve into the following discussion points:
- Which policies answer in the event of an attack? (differing types of cyber insurance)
- In the event of a cyber or data breach, what can and cannot be claimed (generally)
- What are the must have elements, vs the ‘nice to have’ elements of a cyber policy?
- Typical inclusions and exclusions
- Any industry specific inclusions and exclusions?
- Any general advice on cyber tips and tricks that support good cyber and data management from an insurance perspective?
- Cost of claims? (what is claimable vs. what is not claimable)
If you’re a governance or risk management professional, you don’t want to miss this insightful discussion.
Benjamin Di Marco - Cyber and Technology Specialist, Willis Towers Watson
Ben is a data privacy, incident response and cyber insurance expert with over 13 years of experience practicing as a solicitor in both Australia and the United States. He has end-to-end understanding of data incident, technology and cyber insurance risks. Ben has providing triage and strategic advice to over 160 domestic and international organisations following suspected data events and advised financial service, medical , insurance, government and information technology clients on privacy governance.
Patrick Beckett - Head of Executive Risk, FINEX Australia
A qualified solicitor in Australia and England, Patrick leads WTW’s Australasian Executive Risk practice, a team which provides advisory services on risk financing and transfer, to a broad spectrum of corporate clients.
Nicole Pedwell FGIA FCG, Head of Business Controls - Chief Finance Office & Chief People Office, Great Southern Bank
Nicole joined the company in November 2014 and was appointed a Company Secretary of the Bank in December 2014. She is also a Company Secretary to Credicorp Insurance Pty Ltd, CUA Management and Credicorp Finance. Nicole is a qualified Company Secretary, corporate governance and communications professional. Nicole has over 20 years’ investor and stakeholder relations experience in both global and domestic financial services entities.
Who should attend?
This event is suitable for governance and risk management professionals from all sectors and industries.