- Short courses & Certificates
- Postgraduate study with Governance Institute of Australia
- Chant Legacy Scholarship for postgraduate study in governance
- Calendar of events & short courses
- Tailored governance solutions
- In-house training
Governance Institute provides a number of school governance training options for you and your school. We also offer a school governance toolkit — a 'go-to' reference for any school board or council. We provide the best education and support to drive responsible performance in your organisation.
|NSW Alert: Under the new requirements for non-government schools in NSW under the Education Act 1990, non-government school responsible persons need to undertake a mandatory 12 hours over each three year period of professional learning in the governance field. Also as part of the induction process, new responsible persons must undergo governance training. Governance Institute is a BOSTES approved provider.
School governance toolkit — download your copy (free)
Governing schools can be complex with many school boards reviewing policies and updating procedures in order to tighten governance frameworks.
Governance Institute has produced an essential toolkit to assist potential or existing board members to navigate the unique terrain of school governance. The school governance toolkit utilises the deep experience and knowledge from many of our members who sit on boards of non-government schools.It provides practical guidance on dealing with the governance issues that may arise in the school environment.
The toolkit is freely available to all schools, independent school associations and non-government school boards and councils. This is an essential toolkit for all non-government schools’ board packs.
To download your copy, please provide us with your details.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Training options include:
- Professional Development workshops
- In-house training — Governance Institute has a range of off-the-shelf courses that address various components of the training requirements. Alternatively Governance Institute can discuss individual school needs, shaping a program with you to meet specific needs or training gaps. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public short courses — view our calendar of events to see when our short courses for all industries types are delivered.
- Online short courses — you can see our list of online courses and register here.
Some of the short courses you may be interested in are:
- Governance Essentials
- Not-for-Profit Officers, Directors and the Board
- Not-for-Profit Financial Management
- Risk Management Essentials
- Assessing, Analysing and Treating Risk
These courses will enhance your governance knowledge and skills. Many of the requirements also reference policies, procedures and documentation. Governance Institute has a range of Good Governance Guides that you may find useful.
For further guidance on training needs or information please contact us on (02) 9223 5744 or email@example.com
Interested in expanding your skill set?
Maximise your career opportunities and work effectiveness
Look at the calendar of short courses for completing a Certificate
View our short courses on offer around Australia
Do you want more information?
Complete a Certificate