- Short courses & Certificates
Postgraduate study with Governance Institute of Australia
- Graduate Certificate of Applied Risk Management
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Risk Management and Corporate Governance
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance
- Key dates & fees
Calendar of postgraduate classes
Request more information about our postgraduate courses
- Enrolment information
- Learning with the experts
- Academic misconduct guidelines
- Postgraduate English Language Requirements Policy
- Postgraduate courses admissions policy
- Postgraduate Exemption Policy
- Postgraduate Pattern of Exemptions Guidelines
- Postgraduate courses five-year completion policy
- Refund policy
- Subject completion policy
- Student at Risk Policy
- Assessment appeals guidelines
- Assignment rules & procedures
- Examination rules & procedures
- Postgraduate academic record
- Chant Legacy Scholarship for postgraduate study in governance
- Online Learning Centre demonstration
- Calendar of events & short courses
- Tailored governance solutions
- In-house training
Eligibility & exemptions — Graduate Diploma of Applied Risk Management and Corporate Governance
Entry into the Graduate Diploma of Applied Risk Management and Corporate Governance is available to those who hold a university degree or degree equivalent qualification satisfying Governance Institute’s entry requirements. An academic transcript issued by your university or other educational body must be produced.
Those students who enter the Graduate Certificate of Applied Risk Management through the non-degree pathway can articulate into the Graduate Diploma of Applied Risk Management and Corporate Governance provided they achieve a credit average in the four Graduate Certificate subjects. If you wish to enter the Graduate Diploma of Applied Risk Management and Corporate Governance via this means please call your local course adviser to discuss your eligibility for entry and any exemption eligibility.
All six subjects must be completed (either by study or exemption) in order to be conferred the Graduate Diploma of Applied Risk Management and Corporate Governance.
Further documentation will be required for exemption if the degree is older than ten years.
Exemption is only granted on the basis of demonstrated equivalent prior studies. You may be asked to provide further evidence of subject content.
Please refer to the postgraduate courses handbook for further details.
Maree Blake FGIA, Non-executive Director
A deep dive into risk management practice with global case studies, exposure to the most current thinking and relevant tools for day to day application. Very well worthwhile.
Interested in expanding your skill set?
Maximise your career opportunities and work effectiveness
Ready to further your career?
The role of well trained and experienced governance advisers is a crucial part of any effective governance framework. John Hatton FGIA, former Company Secretary, Commonwealth Bank