- Short courses & Certificates
Postgraduate study with Governance Institute of Australia
- Graduate Certificate of Applied Risk Management
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Risk Management and Corporate Governance
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance
- Key dates & fees
Calendar of postgraduate classes
Request more information about our postgraduate courses
- Enrolment information
- Learning with the experts
- Academic misconduct guidelines
- Postgraduate English Language Requirements Policy
- Postgraduate courses admissions policy
- Postgraduate Exemption Policy
- Postgraduate Pattern of Exemptions Guidelines
- Postgraduate courses five-year completion policy
- Refund policy
- Subject completion policy
- Student at Risk Policy
- Assessment appeals guidelines
- Assignment rules & procedures
- Examination rules & procedures
- Postgraduate academic record
- Chant Legacy Scholarship for postgraduate study in governance
- Calendar of events & short courses
- Tailored governance solutions
- In-house training
Eligibility & exemptions — Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance
Entry into the Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance is available to those who hold a university degree, or degree-equivalent qualification, satisfying Governance Institute’s entry requirements. An official academic transcript issued by your university or other education body will need to be provided.
- Business graduates (majoring in Accounting and/or Finance) may be eligible for exemption from Financial and Management Accounting and Corporate Financial Management.
- Law graduates may be eligible for exemption from Applied Corporate Law/Public Law and Government and Financial and Management Accounting.
- Graduates in both business (majoring in Accounting and/or Finance) and Law may be eligible for exemptions from Financial and Management Accounting and a choice of either Applied Corporate Law/Public Law and Government or Corporate Financial Management.
- Graduates with other degrees will not be eligible for exemptions.
- Non-award students successfully completing six subjects are eligible to apply for Associate or Fellow membership of Governance Institute, depending on their professional experience.
Please contact your local course adviser to discuss your prior studies and any exemptions you may be eligible for.
Further documentation will be required for exemptions if the degree is older than ten years.
Exemptions are only granted on the basis of demonstrated equivalent prior studies. You may be asked to provide further evidence of subject content.
Please refer to the postgraduate courses handbook for further details.
Kaplan offer recognition of prior learning to Governance Institute members who have completed the Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance within the previous five years. Click here for more information.
Helen Hardy FGIA, Company Secretary, Origin Energy Limited
A few years ago, I was looking to build on my governance experience with further education. I considered a Masters of Law with a governance stream, but chose the Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance as it was — and still is — the only course with a sole focus on corporate governance. The knowledge I gained from the course prepared me for the challenges and opportunities of working with Australia’s top listed companies. It also connected me to peers in other governance roles.
Damon Sweeny AGIA, Corporate Governance Specialist, Ampere Ltd
The Graduate Diploma is a lot more than education. Apart from gaining a comprehensive and invaluable foundation in governance knowledge, you get to rub shoulders with other like-minded professionals and experts, use them as a resource, and add their combined, rich understanding of context and practice to enhance your own. Get involved, at whatever level you can.
Carlo Lacrimini AGIA, Financial Controller, Mid Continent Equipment Pty Ltd
The Graduate Diploma of Corporate Governance is a very interesting course. I found the structure of each unit to be fantastic and motivated me to study which was important for me as I was doing the course via distance learning.