- Short courses & Certificates
Postgraduate study with Governance Institute of Australia
- Graduate Certificate of Applied Risk Management
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Risk Management and Corporate Governance
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance
- Key dates & fees
Calendar of postgraduate classes
Request more information about our postgraduate courses
- Enrolment information
- Learning with the experts
- Academic misconduct guidelines
- Postgraduate English Language Requirements Policy
- Postgraduate courses admissions policy
- Postgraduate Exemption Policy
- Postgraduate Pattern of Exemptions Guidelines
- Postgraduate courses five-year completion policy
- Refund policy
- Subject completion policy
- Student at Risk Policy
- Assessment appeals guidelines
- Assignment rules & procedures
- Examination rules & procedures
- Postgraduate academic record
- Chant Legacy Scholarship for postgraduate study in governance
- Calendar of events & short courses
- Tailored governance solutions
- In-house training
This policy applies to all students enrolled in any of the postgraduate courses or as a non-award student, regardless of their current status.
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for granting refunds of enrolment fees, cancellation of enrolments and transfer requests.
2.0 Subject enrolment fees
2.1 Enrolment fees will not be fully refunded if a student withdraws after the enrolment confirmation email has been sent, except under the following circumstances:
- where, due to extenuating circumstances beyond the student’s control such as acts of government authorities, riots or environmental disasters, the student is prevented from studying a subject.
- where Governance Institute of Australia cancels a subject or study mode in which the student has enrolled.
2.2 If a student has enrolled in one or more subjects and is seeking a refund for enrolment fees, a notice of withdrawal must be given in writing within ten (10) business days of the dispatch of subject material(s).
2.3 All fees (less an administration fee based on the scale in Table 1) will be refunded on return of the subject materials provided.
Table 1: Refund scale
|Number of subjects withdrawn||Total administration fee (AUD)|
|One (1) subject||$350|
|Two (2) subjects||$450|
|Three (3) subjects||$550|
|Four (4) Subjects||$650|
|Five (5) subjects||$750|
|Six (6) subjects||$850|
2.4 Students who are eligible for a refund (less administration fee) and whose subject materials have been dispatched will be required to return the subject materials to a Governance Institute of Australia office within 10 business days from the date the refund request was approved. The refund will only be processed once the subject materials have been returned.
2.5 Refunds will not be granted after this period, other than in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the National Director, Education & Training.
2.6 All refund payments will be made in Australian Dollars and will be remitted into the credit card that the payment was drawn from. If the enrolment fee was not paid by credit card, then the refund will be remitted into a nominated bank account.
3.0 Transfers/second semester extension
3.1 Prior to Semester commencing, students in the first semester of study for a subject would be eligible to:
- transfer the subject enrolment to the next consecutive semester, OR
- change the mode of study in the current semester, OR
- change the subject in the current semester
without penalty, only if the subject is offered and there are places available for their preferred mode of study for the selected subject. If the materials folder had been dispatched, students must return the materials folder in good condition before the new materials folder is dispatched.
3.2 Once semester has commenced, eligible students may only apply to extend their enrolment to the next consecutive semester for a fee of $300 per subject, as long as they meet the requirements stipulated in the Subject Completion Policy.
4.0 Notification requirements
- Students must apply in writing to the National Education Manager to request a refund, cancellation or transfer.
|2.1||National Director, Education & Training||1 March 2016|
Do you want more information?
Acquire a postgraduate qualification in governance
Interested in expanding your skill set?
Maximise your career opportunities and work effectiveness
Ready to further your career?
The role of well trained and experienced governance advisers is a crucial part of any effective governance framework. John Hatton FGIA, former Company Secretary, Commonwealth Bank