- Short courses & Certificates
Postgraduate study with Governance Institute of Australia
- Graduate Certificate of Applied Risk Management
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Risk Management and Corporate Governance
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance
- Key dates & fees
Calendar of postgraduate classes
Request more information about our postgraduate courses
- Enrolment information
- Learning with the experts
- Academic misconduct guidelines
- English Language Proficiency policy
- Postgraduate courses admissions policy
- Graduate Diploma exemptions policy
- Postgraduate courses five-year completion policy
- Refund policy
- Subject completion policy
- Student at Risk Policy
- Assessment appeals guidelines
- Assignment rules & procedures
- Examination rules & procedures
- Postgraduate academic record
- Chant Legacy Scholarship for postgraduate study in governance
- Calendar of events & short courses
- Tailored governance solutions
- In-house training
English Language Proficiency policy
The purpose of this policy is to establish the standard of English language proficiency required by students of non-English speaking backgrounds, to successfully complete their course of study.
2.1 Students should be proficient in written and spoken English, with a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 with no band less than 6.5.
2.2 Students whose previous studies were completed in a language other than English must demonstrate competency in English in one of two ways:
- An English language test from an accredited testing organisation (completed within the last two years)
- Provide evidence of having lived and worked in Australia or a similar English speaking country for the five years prior to enrolment with Governance Institute.
2.2 Failure to demonstrate competency may result in the student being required to delay study until evidence of competency is provided.
3.0 Accredited testing organisations and minimum required standard
3.1 IELTS – International English Language Testing System
Qualification: Academic IELTS
Minimum requirement: overall score of 7.0 with no band less than 6.5
Web – www.ielts.org
3.2 Cambridge English Language Testing
Qualification: Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE)
Minimum requirement: B pass
Web – www.cambridgeenglish.org
Qualification: TOEFL iBT (internet based test)
Minimum requirement: overall score of 94 with no band less than 21
Web – www.ets.org/toefl
Please note – there are other providers, this list is not exhaustive
4.0 Support offered to students
4.1 Students identified as not meeting the IELTS standard of 7.0 who have not been accepted into the Governance Institute postgraduate study program can be referred to an accredited provider of English language teaching.
4.2 Students accepted within Governance Institute postgraduate courses of study who are identified by their Course Director or assessment marker as not meeting the English Language Proficiency standards will be referred to the accredited providers of English language teaching.
|1.0||National Director, Education & Training||28 April 2014|
Do you want more information?
Acquire a postgraduate qualification in governance
Interested in expanding your skill set?
Maximise your career opportunities and work effectiveness
Ready to further your career?
The role of well trained and experienced governance advisers is a crucial part of any effective governance framework. John Hatton FGIA, former Company Secretary, Commonwealth Bank