- Short courses & Certificates
- Postgraduate study with Governance Institute of Australia
- Chant Legacy Scholarship for postgraduate study in governance
- Calendar of events & short courses
- Tailored governance solutions
- In-house training
- Wednesday, 5 April 2017
4:45pm to 7:30pm
- Clyde & Co
333 George Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
- CPD hours:
- $62.00 Member
Data governance has emerged as a pressing requirement and a big risk to business. This briefing will outline the key information you, as governance and risk professionals, need to know to safeguard your business and will update you on the current trends, issues and legal requirements.
Data governance is bigger than privacy, spam and cyber security. It is all-encompassing and now with data breach notification laws coming into play in 2017 organisations need to test their policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
Our panel will explore:
- What is data governance, what does it encompass and what are the current trends and issues
- How data is governed in different organisations and what governance structures and frameworks are in place to support strong data governance
- Data breach laws and the impact they can have on boards, organisations and directors as individuals
- How do you respond to a data breach – best practise
- A director will cover issues for your board to consider and how the executive team can work with the board on data governance.
Data governance and breaches in this area have the potential to cause significant reputational damage. Attend this briefing to ensure you are abreast of laws and can identify the red-flags.