The Effective Director Course
Cultivate your director career
Gain practical skills to support your director career — whether you’re looking to gain your first appointment or want to excel in your current director responsibilities.
You'll learn from expert directors on how to effectively lead an organisation, master the boardroom, perform your responsibilities and execute with best practice.
Participating in this course is your chance to:
- network with other aspiring directors
- equip yourself with the ability to plan your director career
- be eligible to become a member of Governance Institute, joining our high calibre network of directors, company secretaries, governance advisers and risk managers
- gain 21 CPD hours.
Module 1 — High-performing Boards
Gain the foundations. Understand the role and function of both the individual director and board.
Module 2 — Practical Skills
Identify behaviours, importance of soft skills and awareness of others. Learn how to apply your skills and experience to contribute to effective boards.
Module 3 — Acquiring a Non-Executive Director Role
Gain techniques and methods to increase the likelihood of acquiring a director position and understand the issues to consider before you accept a position.
- Dr Peter Crow — experienced company director and advisor on corporate governance, strategy and effective board practice
- Richard Willcock — corporate governance practitioner, board member and trustee
- Paul Lahiff — chair of several boards, strategy formulation consultant
Upcoming course dates
- Day one: Monday, 14 May
- Day two: Tuesday, 15 May
- Day three: Friday, 25 May
August — find out more and register
- Day one: Wednesday, 15 August
- Day two: Thursday, 16 August
- Day three: Friday, 31 August
June — find out more and register
- Day one: Wednesday, 27 June
- Day two: Thursday, 28 June
- Day three: Thursday, 12 July
October — find out more and register
- Day one: Wednesday, 10 October
- Day two: Thursday, 11 October
- Day three: Thursday, 25 October
We can run The Effective Director course at your organisation. Give your directors a shared understanding of their role so they effectively lead the organisation with best practice
Request a brochure and complimentary readings
Fill in your details below to register your interest and receive a brochure with more information as well as some useful complimentary readings.