Certificate in Governance Practice
Combine six short courses (core and elective subjects) to complete a Certificate — the gateway to membership with Governance Institute and industry-recognised postnominals GIA(Affiliated).
This Certificate provides an introduction to good governance practice. For those newly appointed or aspiring to the role of Company Secretary or Senior Managers who are seeking to gain a clear understanding of the legal responsibilities, obligations and duties of the role, this Certificate program is perfect for you. You will gain practical skills that you can immediately use to consolidate your current position or to launch a new career in this exciting field.
This Certificate allows students to complete the following core and elective online courses:
|Certificate in Governance Practice
Study hours: 30 CPD: 30
|Compulsory courses||Electives (choose 2)|
|full list of short courses here.|
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about how best to structure your Certificate, which short course is best suited for you or how to change your electives.
There are no prerequisites required for entry to the Certificates, so anyone can study.
If you don’t need the full Certificate, you can register for the short courses that suit your needs.
The Certificate fee includes the short courses scheduled above and:
- a downloadable soft copy of the course materials prior to each short course
- an online, 20 question multiple choice exam for each course
- a vocational qualification in your chosen area of study
- practical knowledge and skills that you can readily apply in the work place
Access to the course materials and exams is available for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Upcoming face-to-face and virtual courses
- Virtual (part time) - 19–28 July 2022
- SA (intensive) - 6–8 Sept 2022
- QLD (intensive) - 11–13 Oct 2022
- VIC (intensive) - 11–13 Oct 2022
- WA (intensive) - 11–13 Oct 2022
- NSW (intensive) - 18–20 October 2022
- Certificate in Governance Practice
- Certificate in Governance Practise – Quick Start (Core subjects only)
Register for a Governance Institute Certificate and save. The cost of a certificate is the combined cost of the six courses with a 5% discount on face-to-face or virtual and 10% discount online.
|Face to Face or Virtual||Online|
Become a member and save
You may already be eligible for membership via our professional entry scheme. Apply for membership in advance to receive a discount on the certificate price.