Available face-to-face and as an online course
Good corporate governance is integral to an organisation achieving business and strategic objectives. It promotes clear and transparent reporting lines, effective compliance systems and risk management, stakeholder confidence and is built on an organisational culture of ethics and trust.
This course aims to explain what governance means and examine how governance frameworks, structures, operations and processes contribute to enhanced organisational performance and the achievement of business and strategic objectives.
The key objectives are to:
- define ‘governance’
- explain why good governance is integral to the achievement of organisational objectives
- highlight the key elements of governance and the ‘whole-of-organisation’ approach to governance
- discuss case studies that highlight current issues in governance
- identify key legislation, regulations, standards and guidelines that influence corporate governance in Australia
- discuss the role of the board and directors in corporate governance.
See when this course is next being held in your nearest city