Why study our postgraduate courses?
Accelerate your career with Australia’s leading postgraduate courses in governance and risk management.
Our postgraduate courses are unrivalled in Australia for the depth of insights and level of practical application they provide. They're designed and taught by leading experts, industry practitioners and academics. You'll gain the specialist skills and knowledge you need to excel in your governance and risk management responsibilities.
Governance Institute of Australia offers two postgraduate courses:
- The Graduate Certificate of Applied Corporate Governance and Risk Management; and
- The Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance and Risk Management.
Our two postgraduate courses are accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) as meeting course requirements under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) at Level 8 (honours, postgraduate certificate and postgraduate diploma levels).
Studying with Governance Institute will give you an education of the highest standard from industry-leading governance and risk management thought leaders, academics and practitioners. Our postgraduate courses are unrivalled in Australia for the depth of insights and level of practical application they provide. Designed and taught by leading experts, industry practitioners and academics, our courses give you the specialist skills and knowledge to enhance your career and become the driving force of strong governance and sound risk management, which drives organisational performance.
Boost your earning potential and give yourself the competitive edge
- Gain the confidence to speak the ‘governance language’ and master your day-to-day role.
- Feel empowered to progress to a more senior position.
- Build strong business networks with equally ambitious professionals.
- Become a Chartered Secretary or Chartered Governance Professional — we’re the only association in Australia offering access to these internationally recognised designations.
- Flexible — study online.
- Professionally accredited: our Graduate Diploma is accredited by the Chartered Governance Institute.
- Taught by industry experts and academia.
- A pathway to membership with Governance Institute of Australia.
- Recognised as prior learning with many universities in selected courses.
- Two (2) subjects (20 credit points) advanced standing towards the Graduate Certificate in Applied Corporate Governance & Risk Management; or
- Two (2) subjects (20 credit points) advanced standing towards the Graduate Diploma in Applied Corporate Governance & Risk Management course1.
What our students say
I am currently studying the Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance and I recently transitioned to the new course which offers one less finance subject to allow for the new subject, Development of Strategy. This change will broaden out the business and strategic skills and knowledge required in my role as legal counsel. I was very pleased to have the staff at Governance Institute make it a streamlined and immediate transition. In essence, the course is developing my critical thinking skills and I highly recommended it.'
— Andrew Griffiths, Group Corporate Counsel, Capricorn Society Limited
1. Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Applied Corporate Governance and Risk Management from the Governance Institute of Australia will receive full credit for their successfully completed Graduate Certificate subjects upon successful admission to the Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance and Risk Management course.