Postgraduate study — your way
Accelerate your career with Australia’s leading postgraduate courses in governance and risk management.
Our postgraduate courses are unrivalled in Australia for the depth of insights and level of practical application they provide. They're designed and taught by leading experts, industry practitioners and academics. You'll gain the specialist skills and knowledge you need to excel in your governance and risk management responsibilities.
We are accepting applications for our postgraduate courses:
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance and Risk Management
- Graduate Certificate of Applied Corporate Governance and Risk Management
Take your next step
Why study with us?
- Boost your earning potential and give yourself the competitive edge.
- Gain the confidence to speak the ‘governance language’ and master your day-to-day role.
- Feel empowered to progress to a more senior position.
- Build strong business networks with equally ambitious professionals.
- Become a Chartered Secretary or Chartered Governance Professional — we’re the only association in Australia offering access to these internationally recognised designations.
- Flexible — study online
- Accredited by TEQSA
- Taught by industry experts and academia
- a pathway to membership with Governance Institute of Australia
- recognised as prior learning with many universities in selected courses
'I am currently studying the Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance and I recently transitioned to the new course which offers one less finance subject to allow for the new subject, Development of Strategy. This change will broaden out the business and strategic skills and knowledge required in my role as legal counsel. I was very pleased to have the staff at Governance Institute make it a streamlined and immediate transition. In essence, the course is developing my critical thinking skills and I highly recommended it.' — Andrew Griffiths, Group Corporate Counsel, Capricorn Society Limited
Become a chartered member
Graduates from our postgraduate courses are eligible to apply for either an Associate or Fellow membership with Governance Institute. We are also the only course provider in Australia that can lead to membership with The Chartered Governance Institute (CGI), internationally-recognised postnominals (ACG, FCG) and designations Chartered Secretary or Chartered Governance Professional.
You may already be eligible for membership
If you have governance or risk management experience and have completed a relevant tertiary or undergraduate course elsewhere, you may be eligible for membership. Members of Governance institute receive a $260 discount on each subject
Convince the boss
Download our handy one-page flyer — show your boss the benefits of postgraduate study for both you and your organisation.
How long will it take me to complete postgraduate study?
You should complete our postgraduate courses within the following timeframe, based on studying one subject per semester, including periods of leave of absence:
- Graduate Certificate: maximum 3 years
- Graduate Diploma: maximum 4 years (from commencement of Graduate Certificate).
View the Progression and Unsatisfactory Academic Progress Policy for full details.