Governance Essentials - Online
Sunday, January 1, 2023
12:00 AM to 11:30 PM
Online Self-Paced Learning
Cost (Inc GST)
$585.00 Paid Subscriber
Good corporate governance is integral to an organisation achieving business and strategic objectives. It promotes clear and transparent reporting lines, effective compliance systems and risk management, stakeholder confidence and is built on an organisational culture of ethics and trust.
The aim of this course is to explain what governance means and to examine how governance frameworks, structures, operations, and processes contribute to enhanced organisational performance and the achievement of business and strategic objectives.
The course objectives are to:
- define governance
- explain why good governance is integral to the achievement of organisational objectives
- highlight the key elements of governance and the ‘whole-of-organisation’ approach to governance
- discuss case studies that highlight current issues in governance
- identify key legislation, regulations, standards, and guidelines that influence corporate governance in Australia
- discuss the role of the board and directors in corporate governance.
Who should attend?
- newly appointed company secretaries and assistant company secretaries
- risk officers, analysts, and managers
- compliance officers, line and operations managers
- governance practitioners
- professionals requiring a governance refresher.
Join and save
Members of Governance Institute receive a discount of up to $110 per short course — find out if you are eligible.