Work Health and Safety Due Diligence - Virtual
Wednesday, December 13, 2023
01:00 PM to 04:30 PM
Virtual course via Zoom
Australian Eastern Daylight Time
Cost (Inc GST)
$595.00 Paid Subscriber
This short course is presented via Zoom Meetings and starts 1:00pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time.
The comprehensive changes to Australia’s Work Health and Safety legislation resulted in significantly increased responsibilities for officers (including directors and company secretaries) and senior managers. It is therefore critical that the obligations arising under Work Health and Safety legislation are well understood by officers and managers, to minimise potential personal liability and demonstrate that they have exercised due diligence.
The aim of this course is to promote understanding of the legislative framework that governs Work Health and Safety statutory compliance in Australia.
The course objectives are to:
- highlight key Work Health and Safety legislative risks and emerging issues
- emphasise the important role of Work Health and Safety governance in relation to legal compliance
- promote an understanding of officer obligations under the Work Health and Safety legislation
- recognise the important role that safety management systems play in the due diligence process
- manage continuous improvement and evaluation approaches to achieve statutory compliance.
Content warning - this course includes content that some people may find confronting.
Who should attend?
- professionals and managers responsible for, or involved in, Work Health and Safety procedures and systems
- company secretaries
- senior managers, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, chairs, directors, finance managers, legal counsel
- persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBUs)
- compliance managers
- Work Health and Safety consultants.