Virtual Regional Governance Forum
Thursday, 24 February 2022
11:30am to 5:15pm AEDT
Cost (Inc GST)
Sustaining growth, productivity, and resilience
Australia’s growth is anchored by the strength and productivity of its regions. 9.45 million Australians live in the regions, driving 36 percent of the national output. Half of the nation’s growth in the post-GFC rebound came from the regions. And now, as we head into another critical post crisis rebound, the regions are critical to the path forward.
We invite you to join us for the Regional Governance Forum, which will throw the spotlight on the contexts, nature, and strategic directions for growth. Our speakers and panellists consider the policy, governance, opportunity, and risks that will underpin the role of the regional Australia in the national recovery.
Join us to
- Hear leading insights on how the regions anchor the Australian story
- Understand the impact of the pandemic and the central role in national recovery
- Examine key factors delivering regional growth and innovation – policy and strategic contexts
- Listen to expert insights on how to build the workforce to sustain economies and communities
- Discuss the net zero transition and how strategy must integrate a just pathway for the regions, regional industries, and livelihoods
- Consider social licence to operate and the urgency for governance, stakeholder engagement and leadership