Effective Director Course – Module 2: Director dynamics
Wednesday, 28 October 2020 to Wednesday, 28 October 2020
9:00am to 6:30pm
Governance Institute of Australia
500 Collins Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
Cost (Inc GST)
Effective director conduct requires the development of softer skills to make you aware of the types of behaviour you may experience and will need as a director. Self-awareness of your behaviour and communication styles and the impact of these on your director effectiveness is key.
This module includes a board room dinner from 5.00pm to 6.30pm.
- Discuss board and director effectiveness an how these elements are assessed.
- Apply concepts such as communication progression and the Ladder of Inference to the role of the effective director.
- Recognise the different styles of communication and how these can be used effectively.
- Examine how acquiring information, active listening, asking the right questions, persuasion, influence and negotiation skills can be used to achieve the strategic vision and objectives of an organisation.
- Board and director effectiveness
- How directors communicate
- Acquiring information by listening
- Asking the right questions
- Persuasion, influence and negotiation
- Director effectiveness
We recommend you also attend module 3, the simulated board meeting, which is a companion module.
As a Strategic Alliance Partner with AuSAE we are pleased to provide our Subscriber pricing to the AuSAE community. You will note that price in all categories above.
We are pleased to deliver this short course in a face-to face format from July. Read more about how we are doing this safely.