Effective Director Course – Module 2: Director dynamics
Wednesday, 22 May 2019 to Wednesday, 22 May 2019
9:00am to 6:30pm
Governance Institute of Australia
5 Hunter Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Cost (Inc GST)
Effective director conduct requires the development of softer skills to make you aware of the types of behaviour you may experience and will need as a director. Self-awareness of your behaviour and communication styles and the impact of these on your director effectiveness is key.
This module includes a board room dinner from 5.00pm to 6.30pm.
- Discuss board and director effectiveness an how these elements are assessed.
- Apply concepts such as communication progression and the Ladder of Inference to the role of the effective director.
- Recognise the different styles of communication and how these can be used effectively.
- Examine how acquiring information, active listening, asking the right questions, persuasion, influence and negotiation skills can be used to achieve the strategic vision and objectives of an organisation.
- Board and director effectiveness
- How directors communicate
- Acquiring information by listening
- Asking the right questions
- Persuasion, influence and negotiation
- Director effectiveness
We recommend you also attend module 3, the simulated board meeting, which is a companion module.
Join and save
Members of Governance Institute receive a discount of up to $130 for the full day module — find out if you are eligible.