Duties of Officers and Directors
Tuesday, 22 January 2019
1:00pm to 4:30pm
Governance Institute of Australia
5 Hunter Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Cost (Inc GST)
Governance practice has never been more scrutinised by regulators, the courts and the general public.
Recent court decisions concerning the duties of officers and directors have highlighted the inherent risks involved in acting as a company officer or director.
It is critical directors and other company officers have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities and the practice of good governance.
Recommended for all senior managers, officers and directors, this half-day course covers the core duties and responsibilities of officers and directors.
- Develop a sound understanding of the core duties of officers and directors, and the important difference between directing and managing
- Gain insight and information from expert presenters on a range of case studies where directors’ duties were breached and the corresponding case law that has arisen in the area
- Expand your knowledge of effective corporate governance practices and disclosure requirements.
Who should attend?
- Senior managers and directors including, but not limited to, company secretaries, CEOs, CFOs, chairs, financial controllers, general and senior managers and managing directors
- New directors and long-term directors in need of a refresher
- Anyone in the organisation who needs a thorough understanding of the core duties and responsibilities of officers and directors in order to better perform their role
Join and save
Members of Governance Institute receive a discount of up to $110 per subject — find out if you are eligible.