Governance and Risk Management Forum 2019 - Day One
Thursday, 6 June 2019
8:30am to 5:00pm
Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Cnr Edward and Margaret Streets
BRISBANE QLD 4000
Cost (Inc GST)
Integrity. Accountability. Resilience
Strengthen your foundations to reinforce good governance and build resilient frameworks with insights from Australia’s business leaders.
Day one content focuses on governance. After a year of interrogating failures in governance, business leaders, governance professionals and risk managers are looking to reconnect with the foundations for good governance. This ‘back to basics’ moment offers a unique opportunity to build better governance systems for the future.
Day one topics
- How governance has moved beyond agency to stewardship
- The role of boards as a strategic partnership — examining the limits and limitations as well as the opportunities for a more contextual and informed board role
- The critical questions to assess capability and to ensure cognitive diversity and skilling
- Changes to regulation in the wake of the banking royal commission and new legislation and changing role of regulators
- Interrogating integrity — culture, ethics, values and independence
- Frameworks for accountability — roles, responsibilities, transparency, scrutiny, disclosure
- The Company Secretary’s agenda for 2019 and 2020
- Board assessment and metrics for performance
- Sustainability — examining the long-term value proposition for investment, innovation and future proofing
- Brian Parker, Chief Economist, Sunsuper
- David Morgan, Managing Director, PKF
- Kevin Lewis FGIA, Chief Compliance Officer, ASX
- Rachel Howitt, Senior Executive Leader Corporations, ASIC
- Paul Murphy, Principal Advisor — Retirement Living & Seniors Housing, Leading Age Services Australia Ltd
- Dominic Smith FGIA, Company Secretary, Aurizon
- Geoff Walshaw FGIA, Company Secretary, yourtown
- Zac Zahner, Chief Executive Officer, Effective Governance
Who should attend?
The forum is suitable for a variety of sectors including those working in governance and risk management roles in the listed, non-listed, public sector and not-for-profit space.
Why do I need to attend?
2019 was a year that saw governance in the news more than ever before: the Banking Royal Commission, the IPCC's report on climate change, ASX Corporate Governance Principles' diversity reporting requirements, industry disruption caused by new technologies. This is the time to upskill.
Become a member and save
Members of Governance Institute save up to $100 on their registration for Governance and Risk Management Forum.
Want more content?
Register for the event that best suits your needs:
- Two day event — full Governance and Risk Management Forum 2019
- Day two — risk management and resilience focus
See when this event is running in other states.