Governance and Risk Management Forum 2019
Now in its fifth year, Governance Institute of Australia's Governance and Risk Management Forum 2019 is the key event for professionals looking to tackle the risk and governance challenges of an increasingly uncertain business environment.
You will hear thought-provoking keynotes from industry leaders and challenging debates in our panel sessions that help you develop the skills needed to tackle the challenges facing all Australian organisations.
Why do I need to attend?
2019 was a year that saw governance in the news more than ever before: the Banking Royal Commission, the IPCC's report on climate change, ASX Corporate Governance Principles' diversity reporting requirements, industry disruption caused by new technologies. This is the time to upskill.
Each event, in each state, is tailored to focus on the unique governance and risk management issues faced in your region.
- Interactivity: discuss the latest issues shaping the governance and risk management landscape in our interactive focus sessions and panel discussions
- New skills and resources: upgrade your skills and create a framework that aligns your organisation's strategy, culture and resilience
- Regional Insights: local experts sharing their insights on the challenges specific to your region
- Networking: expand your professional network - connect with like-minded governance and risk professionals across different industries, and at every experience level
Integrity. Accountability. Resilience.
The Governance and Risk Management Forum runs over two days — Day One focuses on governance and Day Two focuses on risk management (South Australia is a single day event, split in half). The event as a whole focuses on three key themes:
- Integrity: creating a culture based around ethical conduct and independence
- Accountability: scrutinising the roles and responsibilities of organisation leaders and boards, including strategy, transparency, and disclosure requirements.
- Resilience: creating the frameworks to understand internal and external uncertainties, and reinforce effective, efficient and agile risk management
- Deane Pieters (WA), General Manager, Business Strategy & Growth, West Coast Eagles FC
- Paul Bloxham (NSW), Chief Economist and Managing Director Global Research, HSBC
- Rachel Howitt (QLD), Senior Executive Leader Corporations, ASIC
- Dr John Laker AO (VIC & NSW), Chairman, Banking and Finance Oath Ltd. Director, Cancer Council
- Shannon Adams (SA), Chairman, World Vision Australia, Director, World Vision International
Who should attend?
Those working in governance and risk management roles in the listed, non-listed, public and not-for-profit sectors, including:
- company secretaries
- governance professionals
- chief risk officers and risk managers
- legal counsel
- c-suite, executive leadership and all senior managers.
Become a member save up to $240 on registration for both days of Governance and Risk Management Forum.
Dates and locations
Proudly sponsored by
National Gold Sponsor
National Silver Sponsor
Interested in partnering with us?
With a membership of over 7,500 chartered secretaries, governance leaders and risk managers from some of Australia’s largest organisations, Governance Institute of Australia is the only fully independent professional association with a sole focus on governance excellence. For 110 years, our education, research, advocacy, and support networks have provided cutting edge governance and risk management advice to Australian business leaders from all walks of life. We celebrate Australia’s successes, and challenge it to be even better. Learn more