A move to direct voting
Expressing the voice of shareholders: a move to direct voting
In March 2006 we identified various issue regarding the need for the introduction of direct voting.
Responses to the discussion paper
- Hermes Investment Management Limited
- Computershare Investor Services
- Link Market Services
- The Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia
- Australian Shareholders Association
- Group of 100
- The Law Society of NSW
- NSW Young Lawyers
- Queensland Investment Commisssion
Guide to implementing direct voting
Following extensive industry consultation and research we called on Australian listed companies to implement provisions in their constitutions that will enable their shareholders to exercise their voting rights through direct voting.
Business Alliance for Red Tape Reform
The Business Alliance for Red Tape Reform created a checklist for commonwealth regulatory proposals.