Working for Governance Institute
Instructional Designer — full-time role
Governance Institute of Australia is the only independent professional association with a sole focus on whole-of-organisation governance. We offer education, support and networking opportunities for directors, company secretaries, governance professionals and risk managers.
Due to exciting developments in our organisation, we have a new opportunity for an Instructional Designer (full-time role) to join our team.
You will be responsible for the design and development of relevant, high quality content to meet the professional development needs of our members and customers. This includes our National Conference, National Risk Management Forum and workshops in each state.
You will have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and knowledge in the subject areas of corporate governance and risk management.
This is an opportunity for you to provide our customers and members with practical, innovative and timely content to support them in their career. In exchange, you will have an opportunity to enhance your own skills and experience in a commercial, collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Attached please find the position description.
- Design and develop high quality, relevant and commercially viable learning content based on in-depth market research into the relevant target audience and topic
- Source and liaise with expert members, customers and industry partners in the development of new and existing content
- Design learning content to suit different delivery formats — seminars, workshops, briefings, online/e-learning
- Manage all aspects of development projects from research to design, content creation to collateral (such as event materials and ancillary assets) according to agreed timetables and budgets
The successful candidate will:
- hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- 1–3 years of instructional or curriculum experience
- have previous experience in design and development of learning content
- be knowledgeable in corporate governance and risk management
- have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- have strong stakeholder management skills
- be able to work independently with limited direction and supervision
- be highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks
- advanced computer skills.
To apply please click here. Please attach your cover letter and resume by close of business, Wednesday 8 February. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualification.