Nominations for directors for the board of Governance Institute of Australia and Councillors of the Committee for Australia of The Chartered Governance Institute— 2021
Each year Governance Institute holds elections for the Board of Directors and the Committee for Australia of The Chartered Governance Institute. In 2021 nominations are open to members from the states of New South Wales and Queensland.
A candidate for election must be nominated by two Fellows of both the Governance Institute of Australia and The Chartered Governance Institute, each of whom is required to sign the Nomination Form. The candidate must also sign the Nomination Form signifying consent to the nomination.
Essential eligibility criteria
- Fellow — Must be a Fellow member of the Governance Institute of Australia and The Chartered Governance Institute;
- Have not been disqualified from managing a corporate within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or been an insolvent under administration within the previous five years; and
- Have not been disqualified by the Australian Charities & Not-for-profits Commission at any time from being a responsible person of a registered charity.
Preferred skills and experience
- Have achieved seniority and respect within Governance Institute and externally — including by successfully fulfilling senior professional roles in industry;
- Have a demonstrable history of service to Governance Institute;
- Have experience as a Director and have knowledge of a Director’s responsibilities including an understanding of the role as well as the legal, ethical, fiduciary and financial responsibilities;
- Have the right personal attributes for the Governance Institute Board environment and be able to actively contribute to the Institute’s affairs — the ability to be independent, and constructively challenging and collaborative in the right balance;
- Agree to comply with any Codes of Conduct or policies required by the Governance Institute of Australia;
- Will have the necessary time available, and the personal commitment, to properly fulfil the role of a Director for a three-year term. The Board meets during business hours five-six times a year and Board Committees meet at least three times a year; and
- Have no actual or perceived conflicts of interest that cannot be managed.
Governance Institute of Australia will meet the travel (economy class only) and agreed reasonable incidental costs the successful candidate incurs in performing the role. The role is not remunerated.
Candidates are required to include a brief (maximum two pages) CV. The required documentation must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm (AEDT) on 21 September 2021. Nomination Forms and other documentation received after this time and date will not be accepted.
Need to renew your membership?
Under the Governance Institute Constitution, only members who are financial are eligible to be nominated and to make nominations. If you are not currently a financial member, renew today or please call the membership team on 1800 251 849 for more information.
Have a query?
Email email@example.com or call 1800 251 849.