Benefits of membership
Membership ensures access to a wide range of services, support and information.
Key membership benefits
- Professional credibility associated with the recognised postnominals; AGIA and FGIA for Associate and Fellow members, and GIA(Cert) for Certificated members.
- Membership of Australia’s peak professional body recognised for independent, expert thought leadership and commentary on governance, risk management and compliance.
- Access to a major influencer of governance and risk management thinking and a preferred provider of lifelong governance learning — Governance Institute of Australia is a recognised 'centre of excellence' in governance education and training.
- Access to the industry's leading professional development programs — relevant, practical and presented by experienced industry practitioners. Governance Institute training ensures members are at the forefront of issues affecting governance, risk management and compliance.
- Quality networking opportunities that provide a forum for sharing experiences and ideas, both informally and via professional development events.
- Access to Governance Institute's respected monthly journal, that draws on the expertise of governance professionals and commentators and offers members insights across a broad range of issues. These include: relevant legal issues; accounting, administration and general management; company secretarial practice; and governance and risk management trends.
- Significant discounts for Governance Institute's professional development courses and conferences, including annual Corporate Governance Forums and Governance Institute's Annual Conference — Australia's pre-eminent national event for governance and risk management professionals.
- Access to technical and general resources via member-only sections of the website (for example, Useful Practitioner Documents service — an invaluable, first port-of-call for aspiring governance professionals wishing to keep up-to-date on the latest developments in best practice governance and risk management, and appropriate usage of the members' version of the Governance Institute logo).
- Access to Governance Institute's range of products and services via the member benefits program.