Mental illness in the workplace is a reality.
Despite growing awareness that mental illness is widespread throughout the entire community, Australia’s top companies are failing to recognise and manage mental health risk in the workplace. Research shows that Australian businesses lose over $6.5 billion each year by failing to provide early intervention and treatment for employees with mental health conditions.
Governance Institute of Australia (Governance Institute) has partnered with the National Mental Health Commission (NMHC) and legal firm Minter Ellison Lawyers to host an event to raise awareness within corporate Australia of the prevalence of mental health issues in the workplace.
Join us for a seated lunch and hear from the most prominent experts in the field of good mental health in the workplace about what you can do to address the issue of depression, anxiety and related disorders in your organisation.
Chaired by Professor Allan Fels AO, Chair of the National Mental Health Commission and patron of SANE Australia, our panel will include:
- Jack Heath, Chief Executive Officer, SANE, Australia
- Therese Fitzpatrick, Workplace & Workforce Program Leader at beyondblue
- Rachel Clements, Director of Psychological Services, Centre for Corporate Health and ambassador for RUOK?
- Tim Sheehy, Chief Executive, Governance Institute of Australia
- Katy Mc Donald, Director, People and Development, Minter Ellison Lawyers.
For all inquiries: Nisha Iyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9223 5744.